Sunday, May 9, 2010

Let the Journey Begin!

This blog is meant to be used to update all of our amazing friends and family so that they know that we are still alive and have not been eaten by bears :) We are en route to Alaska at this moment and while I sit in the Boise airport and Audrey takes a nap, I shall fill you in! We are heading to Skagway, Alaska to begin our adventures! We flew from Salt Lake to Boise, then to Seattle, then to Juneau. At which point we will stay in a lodge for a few hours to get some shut eye, then take the ferry to Skagway! We will be living in a place called Dyea. Population: 15 people, 30 horses, lots of sled dogs, and who knows how many wildlife creatures we'll have the opportunity to associate with! We are working as horse riding trail guides and Audrey will also do some sled dog trail guiding. It's going to be one heck of a ride! Stay tuned for mostly pictures with some commentary to go along with it! Oh, and feel free to leave comments so we know who's keeping tabs on us :) We're sending all our love back to each of you!

4 comments:

  1. Hey guys I hate to ruin it but I'm the first to post a comment. Ha Ha. You guys are the bomb!! You make me smile. Be safe out there and thanks for letting me see the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So ummm.. who came up with A to the fourth power?? that is pretty creative ;) I think I'll add a fifth and sixth power because both mine and ambers name starts with A also... Love your guts and don't eat any fermented seeds while you are out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me! I am keeping tabs on you!!! Can't wait to see pics and i just love (and squdge) you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you girls are doing this... I am so stinkin jealous I sure wish I was there this summer! Please, please keep updating I will be dying to see all of your adventures and live vicariously through the two of you. Love you.

    ReplyDelete