Friday, August 27, 2010

Mom and Dad: Day 3

On this particular day we went to Whitehorse, Canada.  It’s in the Yukon territory and it was beautiful!  We mostly went for the drive and to get some groceries but it was great fun!

606 555 559 565 566 568

Mom spotted this from a mile away!  It was incredible!

569

We found a place called Annie Lake and of course we had to check it out, so the picture above and below are all parts of it.  It was gorgeous!

575 577

So I know it’s hard to see, but those are definitely 2 mountain goats up there!  2 Rams and Audrey spotted them on our drive.  It was on my checklist of animals to see in Alaska so now I’ve got one more down!

579 584 585

I love this picture of Mom.  It was so bright she could hardly see anything!  And the one below I like her soldier pose too.

586 589 600

This one was sweet because you can see 2 completely different colors of water in virtually the same lake!  There is a small divider, about a 1 foot bank between the two and we learned that they are different colors because one is made up of glacier run off water and the other is made of snow run off.  So interesting!

2 comments:

  1. wow that last part is way cool! about the water. thats fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What pictures! My gosh, you are in such a beautiful place. I'm so glad Mom and Dad got to see all that.

    ReplyDelete